Thursday, January 26, 2012

Holy Potatoes, where did the time go?!

Most mornings, when I check my email it just consists of a lot of junk or stuff I won't read so I quickly delete it all.  Well, this morning, whilst moving 18 messages to the trash one jumped out at me and I gasped.  It was my weekly pregnancy update that read:  "Only 6 weeks left!"

WHAT?!  How is that possible?  It seems like last week I was just finding out this little one was a girl.

I guess it's time for a pregnancy update, then...so here goes...

How far along? 34 weeks

Total weight gain/loss: Somewhere around 15-20 lbs.  Since I wasn't sure of my weight pre-preggo it's hard to tell.  I'm not crazy about the weight gain but was pleased that from my doctor's appointment 3 weeks ago to the latest one, I hadn't gained any!  

Maternity clothes? You betchya!  In fact, I've gotten to that point that my belly sticks out of some and I can wear the parachute-like maternity shirts.  They're VERY attractive by the way.  ;-)

Stretch marks? Boy do I!  I didn't get any stretch marks until the last 3 weeks with Jackson.  But I've already got more with this little girl.  They're also extremely attractive...NOT!

Sleep: HAHAHAHAHAHA!  I have terrible restless leg, get hot and cold, hot and cold all night, and Ruth is constantly on the move.  I just cannot seem to get a full night's rest anymore.  I guess it's my body's way of preparing for the baby's arrival.

Best moment this week: I've had several great moments in the past week or so.  Got the nursery painted, got much of the decor to put on the walls, and have started moving in furniture!

Movement: Tons.  All.the.time.  She's a wild woman!

Food cravings: Cheesy things and meats.  I have reached that point that my stomach is smushed so I can't eat much at one sitting though.  Plus, my iron is low so I have to eat A LOT of red meat and leafy greens now.

Gender: GIRL!

Labor Signs: No true labor signs.  I have been feeling a lot of pressure "down there" and have had a few Braxton Hicks contractions when I stand for a while.

Belly Button in or out? Totally out or flat depending on her position.

Wedding rings on or off?  On...but around my neck.  :)

What I miss: Being quick to move, a full night's sleep, and getting through a day without something hurting -- my back, tailbone, leg cramps, muscle spasms, etc.

What I am looking forward to: Getting the nursery finished!

Weekly Wisdom: Get your crap together!  You only have 6 weeks left woman!

Milestones: I'm not sure there are any left??


XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment