Monday, January 24, 2011

Cloud of sickness

A new year is not all that January brought the Parsons family.  It has brought a cloud of sickness that WILL NOT go away!  The first week of January was, of course, when Bryan was recovering from his tonsillectomy and everyone was fairly healthy otherwise.  Good thing, too, since we were visiting family in North Carolina.  Well since we've been back, we've all just taken turns being sick.

First, Jackson got a little cold.  Nothing to worry about but enough to keep us away from friends and church for several days.  Then I threw out my back.  I may not have been "sick" but as anyone knows who's thrown out their back, you'd almost rather be sick!  Especially, when you have a toddler who wants you to pick them up all the time.

The past couple weeks has been the worst.  We were able to go to church 2 Wednesdays ago, but could tell that day that Jackson was feeling well again.  I thought it was just teeth so I didn't want to take him to the doctor.  The next Saturday, Jackson woke up from his nap screaming with both index fingers shoved in both ears.  Picture here a very angry "hear no evil" monkey.  I knew he had an ear infection so we quickly go to Urgent Care (its was 5 and they close at 6) and they confirmed it and prescribed him an antibiotic.

He was on it for 3 days but was not getting any better so I took him back to his pediatrician on Tuesday.  Turns out, Urgent Care had prescribed a dose of antibiotic that would only be strong enough for a newborn.  They gave us a stronger antibiotic and sent us on our way.  After 48 hours you could tell Jackson was already feeling better so we felt like finally the cloud of sickness had been lifted!  Phew!


The next Sunday, Jackson was his typical rowdy self and so we all got ready and finally made it to church for the first Sunday this month.  We dropped him off in the nursery and headed to service.  Once we were in service, we saw another family who has a little boy Jackson's age and you could tell he was SUPER sick.  I don't think they ever brought him in the nursery but his grandmother kept nursery that day.  I know if I would've seen my grand-baby feeling that sick, I would definitely have held him.  So, I'm sure she was covered with sick germs by the time Jackson came in.  And, I know she held Jackson because...well he's so cute, how could you not?! :)

On Wednesday, we got word that the other little boy had been diagnosed with RSV.  I didn't think anything of it at the time because Jackson seemed just fine.


Saturday, Jackson woke up with a horrible cough and started running a fever by the next morning.  We took him to the doctor this morning and guess what...he has RSV.  :(

I had a little twinge of anger that he probably (and I say probably b/c there will never be proof) caught it at church but I'm over it.  I know that if that family knew their little boy had RSV, they wouldn't have brought him to church, so I don't blame them.  I just feel sorry for both of our families and our sweet little boys!

I'm hoping that Jackson won't develop wheezing or breathing problems, but I'm highly anxious about it.  More than anything, I'm praying that this will be the end of the sickness that's been hovering over our household.

Plus, all this sickness has seriously hindered my resolution plans.  Understandably, I haven't been able to get any Celebrating Home work done, let alone work on my resolutions.

I don't think I can take any more!!

No comments:

Post a Comment