Tuesday, August 2, 2011

8 weeks 3 days

How far along? 8 weeks, 3 days

Total weight gain/loss: So far no loss, no gain.  Not completely sure of my exact weight before I got pregnant.  But from the last time I was weighed to a couple weeks ago at my appointment - I'd lost almost 5 lbs.  

Maternity clothes? Not having to wear them yet.  By the time I was 8 weeks with Jackson I was having to use a hair tie to keep my pants buttoned and I've only had to do that with one pair of pants but was able to button them after they'd stretched after a couple hours of wearing.

Stretch marks? Only the ones left by Jackson.

Sleep: Definitely having some insomnia.  Not sure if it's due to feeling icky or the fact that I take so many cat naps during the day that it's messing up night time sleep.

Best moment this week: The moments in which I feel normal.

Movement: Only the churning of my stomach!

Food cravings: Whatever I can hold down.  Mostly bland foods.  I did feel really good several days ago and wanted a cheeseburger and recently I've been loving macaroni salad.

Gender: Won't know for a while.  I go back and forth on what I think it is.  For the past few days I've been stuck on girl.

Labor Signs: Not even close.

Belly Button in or out? Still in, and let's keep it that way for a while.

Wedding rings on or off?  On!

What I miss: Feeling normal.  My stomach always feels queasy and gross, my bowels are all screwed up (TMI sorry), and I'm always weak and tired.  

What I am looking forward to: The end of the ick.

Weekly Wisdom: Try not to let how you feel dictate your life.  Get off your bum and get moving some everyday.

Milestones: Morning sickness, excuse me, all day sickness has struck.  It's no fun but a good sign that everything is going well.



1 comment:

  1. Here is a WONDERFUL recipe I got from my SIL, maybe baby will love it :)


    -(1) box tri-colored pasta
    -Low moisture mozzarella (you know me, I prefer Whole Paycheck cheeses, but any brand will do)
    -Small can of sliced black olives
    -Pepperonis (have to be the bad for you, but super tasty Hormel kind. I've tried healthier, all natural pepperoni, but have yet to find anything that compares)
    -Celery
    -Oil & vinegar & Italian salad dressings (I use Newman's)

    -Cook the box of pasta, drain & cool.
    -Cut small cubes of the mozzarella,slice the pepperonis into quarters, & chop up the celery into small pieces. Can't tell you how much of anything. I go by color. Once everything is mixed together you'll notice if you need to add more of something.
    -Open & drain the black olives
    -Mix all these in with the pasta & then add the dressings. I usually go with about a 3-1 ratio of Italian to O&V, but it's really a matter of taste. At this stage, you want the pasta pretty saturated, but keep in mind you can always add more later.
    _________________

    ReplyDelete