Thursday, August 18, 2011

11 Weeks

I know I haven't been blogging regularly and promise to get back into routine as soon as I get rid of this "morning" sickness crud.  When you feel pukey all day, it's hard to think about anything else.  I'm starting to plan out Jackson's 2nd Birthday Party, reading up on potty training, and we are gearing up to start our college ministry in just a couple weeks so things are about to get super busy.  My morning sickness seems to be getting better b/c I have moments of feeling well (even days) but then it strikes again with fury.  Pray that my nausea ceases within these couple weeks so that by the time things get SUPER busy, I'll be running at 100%.  I'm also still waiting on my second set of PRAXIS scores so that I can transfer my teaching certification and start subbing this fall.  Pray that we find trustworthy and reliable daycare for Jackson once I start.  


Until, I can blog about something a little more interesting, I'll keep you updated on my pregnancy via pregnancy survey...


How far along? 11 Weeks

Total weight gain/loss: +1.4 lbs - slow and steady...let's keep it that way! 

Maternity clothes? Still not in them completely.  I'm definitely having to use a hair tie to button all my pants now though and am trying to wear baggier shirts as my belly doesn't look like a baby bump, but resembles more of a beer gut right now.  I don't think I'll get a lot of "Oh look, she's pregnant.  How cute?!" looks, they are more like, "Wow, Lindsey's really put on some weight!" looks.

Stretch marks? Only the ones left by Jackson.

Sleep: I'm taking phenergan about every other night to help with all-day sickness so I'm sleeping pretty darn well.  At least when Jackson let's me.  I don't want to talk about it.

Best moment this week: Went to the doctor Monday and had another ultrasound!  The baby was super wiggly and we could even make out it's hands.  It was measuring a little big so they moved the due date to March 8!


3 mm long.  Heartbeat was 164.  


Movement:  Too early to feel it but the baby was clearly squirming like crazy on the ultrasound!

Food cravings: Haven't had many in the past couple weeks.  My biggest problem right now is a bad taste in my mouth that makes the nausea worse.  So, I'm always drinking or eating things with fruity flavors to help get rid of it.

Gender: Chinese gender calendar says girl.  It was right with Jackson.  We'll see!

Labor Signs: Am I going to have to keep answering this question for the next 29 weeks?

Belly Button in or out? In.

Wedding rings on or off?  On!

What I miss:  Having an appetite, and not feeling pukey.  I'm definitely ready for this part to be OVER!  

What I am looking forward to: Knowing the gender.  I don't know how I'm going to wait until the end of October.

Weekly Wisdom: The end of the "morning sickness" should be drawing near.  When you are ready to break down b/c you're not feeling well, think "The Little Engine That Could."

Milestones: Starting to show, saw the first movement on the ultrasound, nausea is getting better gradually.

1 comment:

  1. Well chinese gender is 50/50...im putting my guess in and saying boy! So excited to find out!! and will call soon:)!

    ReplyDelete