Thursday, May 6, 2010

We made it back!

Jackson and I made it to Maryland, had a fabulous time, and have made it back safely!

All of the fears and trepidation were for almost no reason.  He traveled wonderfully and we had a great time with all of the family in Maryland.

Let me use this post to share how much God answers prayers.  I told you in the last post that I was praying for two things specifically:  1.  That God would surround us with people who would want to help with Jackson in the airport and on the plane, and 2. That Jackson would fall asleep in my arms easily.  Both were overwhelmingly answered!  Everyone at both the Memphis and Baltimore airports were super helpful.  The attendant at both gates even found me a seat with no one next to me so I'd have more room with Jackson.  On the way home during landing, Jackson's ears started hurting and he started to fuss.  The lady in front of us (who was in 1st class) turned around and started talking and singing to Jackson, which completely distracted him from his ears.  She was such a blessing!  Jackson fell asleep in my arms on both flights, and other than him spilling my Diet Coke all over the floor on the return flight, everything was smooth!

The time I spent with family was so special.  I loved every minute of staying with my Uncle Jamie, Aunt Megan, and sweet little Brody Man.  They were so good to me!  I had a lot of time to catch up and have some great conversations with all of my cousins.  It was incredible to hear that we all felt the same way about the rift in the family and hopefully our attitude about it will help put it to an end.  It will take time and prayer but I believe that God wants to bring our family together and heal the hurt that has been there for a long time now.  It was also super fun to get Jackson together with his little cousins Ava and Ivey.  I'm looking forward to many more years of them playing together!

Now, we are getting prepared for Bryan's mom to come Saturday to visit for a week.  She hasn't seen Jackson since we moved to we are really looking forward to it!


XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment