Lately, I've been struggling with joy. Not that I don't have joy but I've felt that somehow, the joy I have is inadequate. That I don't have enough. Well this morning, for whatever reason, I woke up with this immense feeling of joy -- joy overflowing!
I am joyful because --
- Jackson is sleeping through the night again. And, this morning he slept until 8 am. I know it still seems early for most, but considering he's been waking up at 7 am or before, it feels like sleeping in!
- After he had his bottle, Jackson cuddled on the couch with me for over half an hour as we watched "Jack's Big Music Show." I love my Cuddle Bug time!
- I made it through the first year of Jackson's life. I no longer have an infant, I have a toddler. For some reason, this makes me feel like superwoman.
- I have a husband that wants to spend time with me before anyone or anything else. He would rather be at home than the office and, therefore, struggles when he has to stay late to get things done.
- My husband works so hard to further himself in his career, even if it means late hours, so that in years to come we will have choices for where we want to be.
- I have reconnected with several members of my Dad's side of the family. I love being close with my cousins again and having regular phone conversations with them.
- It's FALL! The weather is cooling down and I get to decorate with leaves and pumpkins again.
- I can depend on Rachael Ray for excellent meals. Last night I made her steak sandwiches with provolone sauce and squished potatoes. It was so delicious, I am still thinking about it. Sometimes, I don't know what I'd do without that woman!
- I have such wonderful friends. I love that my girlfriends from NC and SC and I still talk often and try to see each other whenever we can. I am so thankful to the Lord for the friends He's brought me in TN and know they will be lifelong friends.
- Lastly, I am over-joyed at the blessings my Heavenly Father has given me. He has blessed me with a wonderful family, extended family, group of friends, home, etc etc etc! He hears even the smallest of my prayers and answers them according to His will. His grace is sufficient and His love is abundant. Truth is, my joy comes from HIM!!
I hope this joy sticks around!
Thanks for reading. XOXO