Thursday, July 1, 2010

Did I really just sign up for this?

Ok, so I've gone and done it...I bit the bullet...and became a Celebrating Home Consultant!

Since moving to TN and becoming a stay at home mom, Bryan and I have struggled a little financially.  Well, not a little, A LOT!  We had a lot of things come at us all at once.  Between moving expenses, medical bills, trying to get settled into our new home, having to get a Brown Recluse elimination treatment for the house (AHHHH! Don't even get me started!) and just the plain ole expense of having a baby, we have found ourselves barely treading water.  Bryan and I have always been great with money, so this has been extremely tough on us.  Thankfully, we have an incredibly supportive family who have helped us through this hard time.

After doing a lot of talking to my husband, we came to the conclusion that I need to do something to earn a little bit of extra play money.  This isn't money we need to survive, but money that we can use for unexpected expenses and to do fun stuff.

In May, when I visited family in Maryland, I stayed with my Uncle Jamie and Aunt Megan.  Megan was just beginning her adventure as a new Celebrating Home consultant and we talked a lot about how excited she was about it.  At first, I didn't think anything of it, but as money's gotten tighter and tighter and I started searching for ways to earn a little, I kept coming back to the idea of being a party consultant.  I don't think that all of this is coincidence...I truly believe God put it into my life for a reason.  Not only will it be a way for me to earn a little money, but it also gives me an excuse to get out of the house.  Since we aren't super connected yet, I find myself trapped inside the house most days, taking care of Jackson.  I'm hoping this will give me some fun time away from home and will also help me build friendships and make more connections in TN.

Ok, so now for the sales pitch...you had to know it was coming!  Please let me know if you would be interested in buying some beautiful home decor or if you would be willing to host a Celebrating Home party.  Celebrating Home used to be Home Interiors, which many more of you may be more familiar with.  Their products are not only beautiful, but are affordable and of high quality.  If you host a party, you can get awesome hostess benefits to make anything you want even more affordable!  

No comments:

Post a Comment